Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you my recipe for mouthwatering red velvet pancake. This is a continuation of the Nigerian snack recipes I started few months ago.
St. Valentines day is in few hours, and even though hubby and I are not really bothered about this day, I will be making this red velvet pancake for breakfast. So, in case you were wondering what to have for breakfast, here is a simple recipe that can be ready within few minutes. This pancake recipe can serve as breakfast, snack, or just that “something-to-chew” moment.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. red food color
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. powdered milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil for frying
- 1 tsp. baking powder
tsp- teaspoon, tbsp- tablespoon
Steps for making red velvet pancake
1.Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt) in a large bowl.
2. Stir all wet ingredients (egg, vanilla extract, and red food colour) together.
3. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix well till all ingredients are well incorporated to form a watery batter.
4. Heat frying pan on medium with little oil, ladle about a cooking spoon full of batter into the oil
5. Flip to the other side when batter starts to form bubbles. Cook each side for about 2 minutes
6. Sprinkle with confectioners (icing) sugar.
That’s it! Very easy to make and very delicious too. In conclusion, if you’re looking to make more pancakes; check out my recipe for banana pancake and potato pancake. Above all, don’t forget to subscribe to receive updates on all my yummy recipes, and other amazing tutorials.
Have a wonderful day, and a lovely weekend ahead. God bless you, cheers!