Doughnut is a popular snack among Nigerians. It is sold in almost every store and fast food joint in this country, yet not everyone knows how to make good doughnut. I have learned over the years to make crispy, creamy, and delicious doughnut. The first time I tried making doughnut, it turned out horrible but with several attempts I became better. So don’t worry if the same happens with you, practice makes perfect.
My family enjoys having a snack most times after dinner, one of our favorite is chin chin (click here for the recipe). I always have chin chin in the house, and I make doughnuts often too. Let me share with you how to make real good doughnut; not store bought, but authentic home made doughnut.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 120ml warm milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- Pour warm milk in a big bowl, and add the yeast.
- Mix together the butter, sugar, egg, salt and flour.
- Sprinkle flour on a flat surface and turn the mixture unto the surface. Knead dough for about 10 – 15 minutes till it becomes soft and stretchy.
- Brush oil on top of the dough then place it back into the bowl, and brush inside the bowl. Cover and let it rest for about an hour in a warm place. It should double in size after one hour.
- Roll dough flat, about an inch and cut into desired shape.
- Place on a tray, cover and let it rest for another hour.
- Deep fry in oil.
- Drain on a paper towel, and serve when cold.
Try out this doughnut recipe, and let me know how it turned out. I’m Sure you’ll love to see more delicious recipes, subscribe for free and get updates on any new post. Have a wonderful day, cheers!
Have a fun-filled time, cheers!