Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you my homemade remedy for cracked heels. If you stay in Nigeria, you’ll already know by now that this is the season of cracked heels. Our harsh weather this period makes skin dry, especially the feet.
I used to have cracked feet, around this time of this year until I did a little research few years ago and discovered this remedy, which I’m about to share with you. So, if you want to be confident wearing sandals and flaunting your smooth feet, this short tutorial is just for you. This basically involves soaking your feet in vinegar, and giving it a good scrub. However, if you don’t have vinegar, simply soak your feet in warm soapy water.
Before sharing the steps involved, what are some of the causes of cracked feet?
1. Health issues such as diabetes, thyroid, eczema, psoriasis etc
2. Weather (Nigerian harmattan season)
3. Lack of care
4. Dry skin
NOTE: if the crack on your heel is very deep, painful, and is bleeding, you probably have a health condition. See a doctor or professional for assistance.
What you’ll need to take care of cracked heels
- Warm water
- 3 tbsp. white vinegar
- Foot file, or pumice stone
- Large basin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (or coconut oil)
Steps for curing cracked heels
1. Fill basin with warm water (make sure to use a basin that’s big enough for your feet).
2. Add vinegar and oil to the warm water
3. Soak feet in warm water for about 30 minutes (go ahead and read the interesting posts on this blog while you wait for the feet to soak)
4. Scrub one foot at a time with the foot scrub
5. Dry feet, and apply any moisturizing oil of your choice ( I love to used Vaseline)
6. Wear a cotton socks; this will help to lock in all the moisture.
Finally, to maintain a beautiful and smooth feet;
- Repeat this feet scrub at least once a week,
- Moisturize feet always, and wear a cotton socks before going to bed,
- Eat a healthy diet, and
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
Thank you for reading till the end, hope you find this very helpful. Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog for free, and be the first to receive notification about any new post. Thank you my darling subscribers. Have a wonderful week, as you rock that soft feet this season and always. Cheers!