Hello everyone! Today, I want to share with you this easy banana bread recipe. Last year, I started a series on Nigerian snacks and shared recipes for chin chin, doughnuts, meatpie, plantain puff puff, and minced meat puff puff. So, this recipe like all the others, is very easy and of course delicious.
Bananas are always in season, and are affordable. I love this bread recipe because there is no need for kneading or waiting for the dough to rise, another reason is that there is no need for any fancy kitchen utensils. Simply mix banana with eggs, flour, baking powder, butter, sugar, and bake. You can even use over ripe banana; hence no more wastage. If you love banana, this could probably be the sweetest bread ever.
- 4 – 5 medium size bananas
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
Steps for making banana bread
1. Pre-heat oven and grease baking pan with butter or oil. Set aside.
2. Melt butter over low heat, then add sugar and mix till the sugar dissolves.
3. Beat eggs, and add to melted butter.
4. Mash banana and add to the butter mix
5. Mix all dry ingredients together.
6. Fold wet ingredients into dry, and mix together till all ingredients are well incorporated (don’t over-mix).
7. Bake at 200⁰C for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
8. Let bread to cool for 5 minutes, and serve!
That’s it; I told you it was very easy, and with few ingredients too. If you love banana, I have another recipe that is even more delicious and easy; banana pancake. Finally, enjoy your banana bread for breakfast, or afternoon snacks. I love to pack it as part of school lunch too; Debbie loves it. Try this recipe today, I’m sure you’ll love it.
Have a wonderful week,God bless you!