I love KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). Years ago while studying in Asia, I discoverd KFC, click here for my KFC story. I love KFC so much that I can finish a whole bucket of chicken alone, but I also make it my own way at home in a bit to safe cost for my family. Allow me to share with you this recipe for making spicy, crunchy and very delicious fried chicken.
Trust me this recipe for fried chicken is finger licking good!
- 9 pieces chicken
- Hot sauce (homemade mixture of various kinds of pepper)
- 1 tbsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 medium size onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 medium size ginger
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stock cube
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (for that extra crunch)
- Pinch of salt
Oil for deep frying
- Cut chicken into desired size and wash, set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a big bowl (the hot sauce I used is a blended mixture of cayenne pepper, scotch pepper, red and green bell pepper. It is very very spicy).
- Rub mixture all over the chicken, one after the other then cover and keep in the fridge for at least an hour. We had ours for dinner, so I prepared the chicken in the morning and fried in later in the evening.
- Bring out chicken from the bowl and place on a flat surface.
- Whisk two large eggs in a bowl with 2 tbsp of water, and prepare the flour for coating.
- Dip chicken in the egg, then put in the egg mixture and coat every inch of the chicken. Repeat this process again; dip floured chicken in the egg mixture and back into the flour. set on a plate for few seconds.
- Heat oil on high, put chicken in and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover the frying pan with a lid to enable the chicken cook well. When one side of chicken is cooked, flip to the other side. Cook each side for about five minutes.
- Drain on paper towel. The chicken is cooked when the inside is white, not pink after you take a bite.
- Serve with French fries, jollof rice, or on its own. Enjoy!
Did you like this recipe? Sure you’ll love to see more. Kindly leave me a comment, let me know what you think. Remember to also subscribe to stay updated as I post more delicious recipes.
Have a fun-filled time, cheers!