Hello everyone! I’m excited today because this month, I have decided to start an episode on breakfast recipes. So, today I will be sharing with you how to make breakfast bread roll.
This bread recipe has been my favorite for years now. My mum used to make them when I was a little girl and I’ve loved it since then. With this recipe, you’ll easily make soft, fluffy and absolutely delicious bread roll for breakfast. Let’s get started!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 120ml warm water
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp powered milk
- Pinch of salt
- Mix yeast with water in a large bowl (it’s important to use a large bowl to allow space for the dough to raise).
- Add the sugar, milk and salt.
- Break in the egg, and mix everything till the egg is well incorporated.
- Sift in the flour, and mix with a spatula.
- Sprinkle some flour on a work surface and transfer dough, set bowl aside. The dough should be soft and sticky.
- Knead with hand for about five minutes, then add the butter and continue to knead for another 15 minutes till dough becomes stretchy and elastic.
- Oil the inside of the bowl and place dough back into bowl.
- Cover dough and allow it raise for about an hour (how fast it raises depends on the room temperature and yeast, so I like to keep it in the oven. Even though the oven is not on, but it’s a bit warm in there).
- After an hour, cut into desired size or shape and set onto a baking pan.
- Cover and let it raise for another hour. It should double again in size. Brush egg white on the dough; this will give it a nice brown color when baked.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes (I absolutely love the aroma of baked bread early in the morning).
- Take out from the oven, glaze with melted butter, and enjoy your delicious bread roll!
Thanks for staying till the end of this first recipe in my breakfast episode. Next week, I’ll be back with another breakfast tutorial, so kindly subscribe now and never miss out on all the amazing recipes I’ll be sharing.
God bless you, cheers!